“A true lover feels no burden, thinks
nothing of trouble, attempts what is beyond his strength and believes in no
excuses of impossibility.”
Mirza Muhammad Siyar, also known
as Baba Siyar, was one of the most famous local poet, musician, and a
true lover who also has written many Sufi (spiritual love for God) poetries. He
wanted to keep his love true and free of all human desires, and therefore
choose for himself everlasting separation. Yorman Hamin is the song composed by
Venerated lover and poet of khowar (Chitral).
Siyar belong to
Shogram and his beloved lived in Reshun. Yorman Hamin is the most popular folk
song. Every one young and old, man and women, artist and singer even scholar
and pious man knows its verses.
This song
was composed by Baba Siyar a Chitrali Poet and mystic and is known as” Yorman
Hamin”
I roam on the high
mountains as if I trod on hot aches.
The sword of love
has stricken me; I made of myself a shield of two bones
Oh Yorman Hamin
!oh fairy I swear by God after seeing you there is no light, night and day are
alike dark to me, no dawn comes to me.
Oh Yorman Hamin!
The curls of my bulbul are like rosebuds and maiden hairs fern, come sit by me and
sing like a mynah or a bulbul.
Oh Yorman Hamin!
Still I look at you; you turn away and look elsewhere, my life is yours, why do
look at my enemies?
Oh Yorman Hamin!
Long ringlets and your well curled hair are like bedmushk you bind up your
locks to stay this lad.
Oh Yorman Hamin! I
sigh day and night for the bulbul; I kiss your pearly ringlets in my dreams.
Translated by
Colonel John biddulph in 1876.
No comments:
Post a Comment